How to talk to your child about e-cigarettes/vaping - https://e-cigarettes.surgeongeneral.gov/documents/SGR_ECig_ParentTipSheet_508.pdf
Welcome to the Middle School Clinicians and Guidance Counselors
The Prevention Corner is newly developed to keep you aware of trends, encourage you to stay connected and to understand where to get help.
School Prevention newsletter written by Dornzella Milligan, Student Support Services Prevention Coordinator: June 2019 Newsletter.
Additional information about vaping: Whats-In-The-Mist-OCADA compressed.pdf
Helpful resources for parents on the dangers of E- Cigarette use among youth:
Additional Resources for parents:
Guidance Department Announcements
Naviance Student is available for middle school students!
Middle school is an important time to start thinking about colleges and a career. We will be focusing on career exploration through a program called Naviance Student formally called Family Connection. This wonderful web based tool will help you and your child begin to identify learning styles, research career opportunities and start to develop post graduation plans. For instructions on how to utilize this program see below.Guidance & School Counseling Office
College planning tips for Middle School students and parents
No matter what grade you are in, it's never too early to begin planning and preparing for College. Middle School is important for building a academic foundation.
- Form strong study habits by being prepared, studying and doing your homework every night.
- Stay focused , set academic and personal goals and work towards achieving those milestones.
- Get organized, develop a calendar, to keep track of important test dates and assignment and project due dates.
- Get and stay involved in extracurricular clubs - getting involved in different clubs and activities helps to develop your interests and you will feel more engaged in your school experience.
- Visit a nearby college campus
- Browse through the resources available to you in the Naviance program. Begin to develop a resume. Search colleges. Complete a Career Cluster Finder, or Strength Explorer.
- Meet with your school counselor. Your counselor is a valuable resource for you.
8 to 9th grade transition information
High School Program of Studies: Program of Studies 2020-2021.
8th grade parent orientation is scheduled for January 22, 2020 at 7pm at the High School. To view orientation powerpoint: WELCOME CLASS OF 2024 PARENTS.pdf
Students will attend a Elective Assembly on January 7, 2020 at the Middle School, and will receive a program of studies, plus a elective sheet and worksheet.
Program of Studies worksheet: Your high school Plan of Studies worksheet.